cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW Not doing so great

I'm so sorry your dad said that @Tiny_leaf, that's such a careless and uninformed and damaging thing to say and I really wish you hadn't had to hear it. It's so unfair.

We're so proud of you for how far you've come and how hard you've fought to get here. I'm so glad you've been looking after yourself and the weight gain sounds like a really positive thing- like an outward sign of your body getting healthier and getting the nourishment it needs. I think it's such a beautiful way of looking at it, acknowledging it as a sign you've been looking after yourself.

I think you've shown a lot of insight and self awareness acknowledging that the things your dad said have a risk of sending you backwards. Maybe it's worth making a plan of steps you can put into place to reduce the likelihood of that happening? A good starting point might be thinking about all the strategies you've used so far to get to where you are, and viewing now as a time to increase how often/consciously you use them. Kind of putting an extra level of support in place when you're more vulnerable?

Also, are you interested in trying to communicate with your dad that his comments aren't ok? Or would you rather just focus on moving past it at the moment?

Highlighted

Thank you @hellofriend 

I don't have a plan, and honestly it's already sent me backwards - I was just about to get breakfast before he said it but that hasn't happened now Smiley Sad

I hate that I'm letting his words have such a big impact on me but I can't help it.

I tried to explain to him that it was because I was eating more but he just said it was because I've been doing less exersize (I have a condition which makes that hard) and that I had to watch out for it.

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf,

How did today end up going for you? It sounds like your dad doesn't really understand what is going on for you. Sometimes no matter how much you explain, people may be unable to truly understand. I am sorry that you feel like this is going to undo the progress that you have made. It is such a crappy feeling and can really impact your mood. It is difficult because we can't always anticipate these comments and often have little control over what people might say. In these cases, it can be helpful to focus on what we can do about the situation. Would you feel comfortable telling your dad how you feel about his comments? Or that you would prefer he does not make any comments about your appearance? Totally understand if it is something you feel uncomfortable in doing Smiley Happy I hope you feel back on track soon. We are all so proud of you and we know how challenging it was for you.

P.S I love your new picture! It.. suits... you Smiley LOL

Highlighted

@Taylor-RO yesterday ended up being pretty bad for the first big part of it...

I couldn't eat for ages but I eventually got myself to which was good.

And then I got my fish children!!! I've posted a photo of them in the chit chat thread if you want to see.

And thank you, I drew it myself and put a bit too much effort into that tiny picture.

If you look at it closely (and in the bigger form) it actually has patterns all over it.

I have too much time... Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

I'm tired and sad today. Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf , I'm sorry to hear that you're not doing so great today Smiley Sad 

What are you up to today, can you schedule in a bit of self-care/ rest/ nap time? 

How are your fishies going? I'll go over to the chat thread now to look at the pictures Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for March 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO they're going pretty well, and I've added some bottom dwelling fish to clean up the gravel.

The rasboras (the orange ones) are doing okay, but there's only seven and they're starting to look a bit lonely. On Thursday I'll be getting five more to complete their school, which I think they'll like.

That sounds so exciting, I love how you can pretty much create your own mini-world when you have fish! Keep us updated, I love pet photos Smiley Happy I also find watching fish swim around really therapeutic, are you enjoying having your own fish at home? 

Check out our community activities calendar for March 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO yeah, I love how cute they are!

Highlighted

I'm so tired. I'm really thirsty but I don't have the energy to get up. It doesn't feel like my legs will take my weight anyway rn.

I don't want to spend hours just lying here feeling like shit. Smiley Sad