Star contributor

Re: Depression- Really Struggling

Sitting here at my gp really freaking out. I have my giant list of questions to ask and im surrounded by men which is not helping me.
Im shaking like a leaf and my hearts going a thousands miles an hour
Community Manager

Feeling scared

Hey @scared01 i moved this to a new thread, cause it kinda feels like a different topic and i am having a go at helping people make more new threads and stuff,,, anyway hope you don't mind!

Are you still waiting at the GP?

Star contributor

Re: Feeling scared

hi @Ben-RO im not still at the gp but this is a great thread and ill need it tomorrow and wednesday so go right ahead and i hope it helps others as well

Mod

Haha I actually think I need to drag myself down to the gp too @scared01 Smiley Tongue How did you go today? Were there any strategies you used (or think you could use) that'll help you?
Star contributor

@N1ghtW1ng its too much to tell on here so might be a better idea to look at the depression thread its all on there. think its the last 2 pages

Mod

How about we use this space to think of some strategies @scared01?
Things can be overwhelming at times, but there are things we can do to help handle that stress.

Were there any things you did yesterday?
Star contributor

Alright guys im in need of some other strategies. Ive gotta go for a blood test and im scared of needles
Star contributor

Mod

Some strategies I apply for getting blood taken, is always ask to lay down, it is just much easier that way, make whatever arm they are using completely relaxed, and try and focus that tense anxiety somewhere else. Just breathe your way through it and focus on the ceiling. I like to repeat that its only a minute and they are done and I can get through a minute. I hope this helps @scared01

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count