cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Weekly Wellbeing: Life Admin

Normally I'd say I don't mind the wind much (a little love for a thick coat goes a long way), but I was constantly battered by it for about 7 hours when I went on a seaside hike last Friday and have been coughing ever since :'(

In terms of my own life admin:
Send those three emails I've been putting off. (Inbox never ends)
Work out my finances for tax season. (Adulting is hard, you guys)
Mark my students' essays. (I'm a tutor)
Respond to that facebook message I got two weeks ago but was too tired to get into at the time. (It's alright, we're penfriends, they're used to horrific response times)

Honestly if I get through three out of those four, on top of the other stuff that this week has undoubtedly got waiting, I'm calling that a win. I think one of things that holds me back from tackling my life admin in general, is how often there can seem like there's so much to do that if can feel pointless to try to address any of it. But that's losing sight of the fact that any progress is better than no progress at all, and besides- life happens! Sometimes you aren't going to get through everything, other priorities and challenges will appear that require your attention instead and you'll need to bench or even drop some things. That's okay. That's not a failure, that's just life. The perfect is the enemy of the good, and the done.

Ah, life admin, the bane of my existence haha!
But seriously, does it ever end?
I think the main thing I make sure to do is try and make it as enjoyable as possible. So if I have to do laundry, I put on a podcast while I'm doing it. I was proud of myself because recently I booked a doctors appointment I've been meaning to book for ages. I find using apps like todoist and a physical, paper diary help me in prioritising, but I'm by no means an expert.

@MisoBear such a good idea! making things enjoyable where you can is really helpful in getting things done, it's almost like self-bribery haha Smiley LOL