cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

a family death

my grandfather has just died and I really don't know how to deal with it.

He was a big figure in my childhood and it's really devastating to see him go

I've waited to talk to someone about this but it's really difficult and I don't know how to express what I am feeling.

Re: a family death

Hi @darcitrus,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather and am sending lots of love to you and your family today Heart It's always hard to lose someone in your life, and even more so when that person is someone so important to you like your grandfather Heart

I am very grateful that you felt like you could share with us here and let us know that you are grieving right now, especially when talking to someone has been so difficult. In those early days of grief, talking and finding the words to say how you are feeling is really common. The words do come over time Heart If you were to speak to someone about how you are feeling, do you have someone in mind?

We are here for you to support you through this and offer a place to heard Heart

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

hello and welcome
im so sorry for your loss @darcitrus Heart
it can be really hard to express how you feel and many emotions will come, we are here and listening though and even though it might not make sense to you we are pretty good at deciphering things.
please take your time in grieving, talk to friends, family, trusted others or the helplines too. Kidshelpline and Headspace are both really good to contact if you ever feel you need.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey there @darcitrus,
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I understand how difficult it can be to lose those close to us. A few year ago when I lost my grandmother, I struggled with knowing how to "express" what I was feeling. It's always okay to not know what you're feeling or not being able to talk about it. Is there anyone in particular you want to share these feelings with?
We're always here if you want to chat Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!