cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Getting Back Into Nature

I like taking my dogs there @roseisnotaplant except I've learnt dogs and chickens don't get along ...that's why they have signs up Smiley Tongue
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Sometimes I feel like living in Melbourne is so busy and such a concrete jungle but places like Ceres are really lovely

Night @RevzZ!

5. What are some things we can do to be in nature more?

I think setting aside time or making an agreement with yourself to go outside if you aren't feeling so great is another way.

Night night @RevzZ!

@j95 Whenever I'm in the cbd I'm always struck by how much nature we've put into the city, with all of the parks and the botanical gardens and everything. Like how New York City has Central Park. But the city being right there does indeed give it a different feel to being in further out parts of nature and country.

Yeah exactly @Birdeye and sometime the city is dark from all the tall building but then you don't have to go far to see something pretty

Hmm, time to squeeze in one more question! 

How can the weather impact our mood?  Have you heard of seasonal mood disorder?  How can you use nature to combat it?

oh, and, I always think of Sydney as even more of an urban jungle, but like, it is literally made around the harbour. Beaches and the harbour and water seem like a major part of the city life still

goodnight @RevzZ Smiley Happy

What are some things we can do to be in nature more?

maybe walking to and from the shops if they're kind of close by instead of taking the car. and like @Alison5, making time for it e.g. if walking to the train station, then give an extra 5 minutes to sort of slow down and enjoy the surroundings more. i'm usually in a rush in the morning and try to walk as quickly as i can so i don't miss the next train, but i really like it when the weather outside is really good and i have more time to get to the station because i can slow down and appreciate what's around more