cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Birds!

I can't believe it's taken this long for me to make a bird thread, but here we are!

Anyone who knows me will say that I'm a crazy bird lady. I started out with three birds last year, and now the flock has tripled to nine! By this time next year I'll probably have 100 😂 I love my feathered family so much. Be prepared for all the spam Smiley Tongue

Any fellow bird owners on the forums? What's your favourite type of bird?

Re: Birds!

Here's the current flock 🐤🐦🦜

From left to right:

Top: Ceres (budgie), Sprite (zebra finch), Eris (budgie)

Middle: Cornflake, Fanta, Ducky (all canaries)

Bottom: Phoebe (budgie), Cookie (zebra finch), Pluto (budgie)

gdaybirdie.png

@lokifish you seem to like mythology as well. I like their names. Also Cookie is very cute.

I have no birds of my own, but I volunteer with them.

My favorite was a red tailed black cockatoo couple.

Atm I'm friends with a reagent parrot and a cockateil, even though they're a bit bitey sometimes.

I think that just comes with birds though.

I also love our zebra finches, they're cute babies.

And also this one turkey who hates me because I keep treating her for fleas.

Highlighted

@lokifish  I've never had a bird as a pet, but I would like one. Smiley Happy I think your birds look adorable.
I haven't been to our holiday house in ages, but we used to get cockatoos all the time. One even flew in to the apartment and we had to chase it back out!
We also have some birds like yours in the nursing home I volunteer at. Once, a bunch of them escaped. The staff ended up finding some of them, but I'm not sure what happened to the others.

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy just be really careful if you get a parrot.

They're cool but also usually have the personality of a two year old demon...

I'd love to keep quails one day, they're so cute!!

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf that's awesome that you volunteer with them! I try and help out at our local bird rescue (where a few of our birds came from) and it's so fun interacting with them all. They definitely hold grudges against people who do things they don't like - such as flea treatments 😂

@WheresMySquishy cockatoos are so cheeky! Did you see the video that went viral a while ago of a cocky stealing a meat pie? They are basically two year old demons like @Tiny_leaf says (but also oh so loveable!)

@Tiny_leaf  Oh no! I think my grandma would get scared of them.
We have been thinking about getting my sister some kind of pet. I was thinking about a small pet like a guinea pig or rabbit, because I've had a mouse before and would know how to take care of a similar animal. Someone suggested a cat because they're low maintenance, and someone else suggested a trained dog.

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy it really depends what she wants from them.

If we're sticking to the bird theme quails are really cute, and zebra finches are easy to look after.

What animals does she like? (Sorry this is what happens when a special interest gets brought up - let me know if I get annoying) 

@lokifish yep they really do... I accidentally got on the bad side of a couple of macaws once... that was a painful afternoon...

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  She likes dogs the most (I'm allergic to them) but would be happy with any kind of pet. I think that it would be best if she can get something that she can cuddle. Smiley Happy
The birds sound adorable! Do they make a lot of noise?

Highlighted

Idk about quails but finches make cute lil "Eep!" noises.

Do you know how you are with hypoallergenic dogs? My brother gets hives around some breeds but not others.

Maybe a rabbit? Or a rat, but they only live for like three years..

Chickens aren't very cuddly, but the tame ones will sit on your lap and let you stroke them. Smiley Happy