cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

We're recruiting for Youth Ambassadors - Join Us!

Yeeeessss.gif

Hey Legends!

Do you want to share your story and become one of ReachOut's awesome volunteers?

Well, this is the opportunity for you!

ReachOut's Youth Ambassador speakers are our legend volunteers from across Australia who share their stories of overcoming challenges and tough times through the help of the ReachOut services. Youth Ambassador speakers play a key role in spreading awareness, breaking down stigma and helping young people across Australia. 

We are currently on the lookout for some awesome young people to join our upcoming virtual Youth Ambassador Speaker Workshop.

You'll be great for this program if:

• You are between 18 - 25 years old and live in Australia.
  • You are from regional, rural & remote communities, from the LGBTQIA+ community and/or from culturally and linguistically diverse communities. 
  • You have a lived mental health experience that you're open to sharing. 
  • You have used ReachOut service(s) before.
  • You would like to build your public speaking skills.
  • You can attend our virtual 2-day workshop on the 23rd & 24th of November.

To find out more info, check out the Youth Ambassador Speaker Job Description.

We strongly encourage those who are from regional, rural & remote communities, from the LGBTQIA+ community and/or from culturally and linguistically diverse communities. 

What are you waiting for???? 

Apply now by filling out an application!

I hope you'll join us.gif

Highlighted

Re: We're recruiting for Youth Ambassadors - Join Us!

I'm interested! I'm not sure if I'd be able to participate with covid going on though. A couple of my housemates are immunocompromised so for their safety I don't leave the house unless I absolutely have to for as long as there's cases in our area, even when the restrictions aren't all that strict. Is that something that could still work given that, or should I hold on for a different opportunity?

Highlighted

Hey @squiggly!!

I'll double check with the daytime team once they are back on Monday, but I think that because this is a virtual event, you'll be able to contribute from home!

Highlighted

Hi @squiggly,

With the travel restrictions, @Tithi-RO has come up with an webinar style training, so those going through the training can do so from their own homes any where in Australia Smiley Happy 

Hopefully this means it is more accessible too! If it is something you are interested in, Tithi will also have some more insights if you have any more questions Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Thank you @Andrea-RO and @Jess1-RO!

I can definitely come to the training workshop! I'm more just unsure about whether I'd then be able to actually do the work after that... I suppose that's something I can ask about in the phone interview, right? In any case, I'm keeping my ears peeled Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey! I'm interested and I applied last week. I was just wondering when abouts I'd hear back or if applications have closed long before? Thanks Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi @squiggly and @wanderingwasp

@Tithi-RO will be able to answer your questions as they are the leader of the YA program Smiley Happy

So excited to hear our builders are applying!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Hi @wanderingwasp  thank you so much for taking the time to apply for this workshop.

We've decided to keep the application date open for a little bit longer and have postponed the workshop to the 23rd & 24th of November. 

Keep an eye on your emails, you'll be notified of your application status! 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi @squiggly 

Apologies for responding to this so late,  but I have some great news for you!

This year the Youth Ambassador Speaker Workshop is going to be virtual - so that everyone can attend it from the comfort of their home.

If you're still interested, click here to apply.

Smiley Happy