cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Winnie the Pooh!

Okay so given that the surfing and netball threads have worked really well as a distraction tool for others, I thought I'd make one for my favourite thing, Winnie the Pooh Smiley Tongue I know way too much about the stories so ask me all the things! Smiley Tongue

Re: Winnie the Pooh!

Awww yes! Winnie the Pooh is the best! I have a collection of stories, a giant winnie the pooh (who has unfortunately lost his shirt) and a never-ending love for all the stories. Smiley Happy Including the movies
Highlighted

Have you read this @lokifish

Image result

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng ah which movie is your favourite? I love them all, but nothing beats the original Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The scenes of Pooh eating a shitload of honey then getting stuck in Rabbit's door always makes me laugh Smiley Very Happy

@Ngaio-RO I've been meaning to read that for so long! I also really wanna read his other book on The Te of Piglet. The connections of the original stories to Taoism sounds really interesting - certainly better than the stupid theory that each Winnie the Pooh character is a representation of a particular mental illness (the books were written in the 1920s for crying out loud, while the DSM and our modern understanding of mental illnesses didn't come about for decades after that...) anyway, enough about that Smiley Tongue

oooh sweet, who is your favourite of all them?
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

My favourite character? Oh man, I love them all so much. But I guess if I had to pick it'd be Pooh Bear himself Heart He's so innocent of the world, he cares so much about the others and his friendship with Piglet is just beautiful

d017c0912f011320f80b84cacea1c7cb.jpg

I looove Winnie the Pooh @lokifish!!! I used to have an audio book with all the stories on it and it was so relaxing and soothing to listen to. Alas it was on tape so it doesn't work anymore Smiley Sad 

Do you have a favourite story? I've always had a soft spot for the one where they build the trap for heffalumps Smiley Happy 

Also I saw a bunch of mini Winnie the Pooh plushies at the post office the other day and I thought of you Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@DruidChild I actually find the heffalumps and woozles really interesting, and particularly the direction they went in with Pooh's Heffalump Movie. I've read that A. A. Milne intended them to be symbolic of the fears/monsters we have inside our heads, so the fact that they had the characters eventually befriend Lumpy was kind of interesting - discovering that the things we're aftraid of actually aren't that bad and can't really hurt us, and being able to make peace with our internal monsters. Pretty deep for a children's story haha.

My absolute favourite story would probably be when they build a house for Eeyore at Pooh Corner Heart

Whoa I never knew that @lokifish!! I always thought it was just a distortion of weasels and elephants haha. That's really deep. Pretty inspiring in a way, too, though? 

Yes! That story is pretty great Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@DruidChild yeah they are a distortion of elephants and weasels. That's part of the concept - elephants aren't actually scary and weasels are cute fluffy things, nothing like the scary things Pooh and co. imagine them to be in their heads Smiley Tongue