cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alone

Why do I always feel alone? Many people say they are there for me but I'm just not sure who is and isn't there for me. I honestly don't know what to do anymore and it is slowly ripping and breaking me apart. 

Re: Alone

Hey @anonymousnobody I am sorry to hear how you're feeling, sounds really hard, have been there myself and it's definitely not a nice place to sit. Am I right that you feel as though people tell you that they are there for you, but they don't show it in their actions? Or you feel you cannot trust them?

We're here to listen if you want to talk about this further. Heart

That's exactly how they feel. The worst part is that I can't tell who is there for me and who isn't. And usually the people who I think are there for me, aren't and then the people who I think aren't, are there. I'm just so confused and lost on how to feel Smiley Sad

Ah ok I think I hear you Smiley Happy People you initially thought had your back just completely took you by surprise... Which kind of shakes your judgement of your friends etc..?

But also hearing that there's a few people that have had your back, which is pretty cool.. Who are those people, the ones who have been there for you? @anonymousnobody

I've been let down my so many people that I barely trust anyone anymore. But like 3 people I know have my back no matter what, no one else. They pretend they care but they just do it to make themselves feel better. If that makes sense? @Bree-RO

That makes sense to me @anonymousnobody. You're certainly not alone in feeling lonely - in fact it's (sadly) actually becoming more and more normal. They're a little simplistic, but there are a few things here that might help in the short term if you're wanting some strategies to try Smiley Happy

Thanks, that helps me out a lot!

@anonymousnobody glad we could help! You're always welcome to pop on here whenever you're feeling alone - we're a pretty friendly bunch Smiley Happy

I can tell Smiley Happy)

hi @anonymousnobody, how are you feeling today?Smiley Happy

@lokifish shared some great short term tips, have you had the chance to have a go at some of them?