cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxiety Help

Hello

I know this has nothing to do with the topic but I wondering if you could help me? I’m new to this web sight and I have no idea how to navigate it. Also I was hoping to get to know someone as I think it could help my anxiety.

Kind Regards

MKayla

Re: Anxiety

Hello 

I’m new to reach out could you help me? I was refered to it by a lady at beyond blue and I don’t really know my way around this web sight. Also sorry about my punctuation ang gramma; Iiit’s not one of my strong suits.

Kind Regards

MKayla

Re: Anxiety Help

I will reply to the rest of your lovely comments later, but I just wanted to say... welcome to the forums, @MKaylaSmiley Very Happy We're all so glad you're here! Heart

You could start by reading this post. If you like you can click here to introduce yourself to the community, or if your having a tough time at the moment you can start a new topic by clicking the blue 'start a topic' button on the tough times board (or just follow my link!). Smiley Happy

Hi @MKayla, welcome to ReachOut! I actually moved both of your comments on ReachOut to your own thread in the Tough Times section of the forum... and I named it 'Anxiety Help'.. we prefer users to keep to the same topic on a thread and make their own special thread if they are in need of support Heart No big deal, we know you are new! But here is a list of our community guidelines we use to keep all our users safe. Do you mind telling us a bit more about your anxiety and what you are struggling with at the moment? If you are having trouble gathering your thoughts, we have an information article on anxiety here. I know you have said you know what anxiety is but the article has other helpful links you can click on Smiley Happy Once again, welcome to our community and we hope you love it here! 

Hello @MKayla Smiley Happy nice to ‘meet’ you
I will also reply to your posts when you decide to make them

Hello 

thank you for responding 

basically I’ve been dealing with anxiety since I was 14 but over the past year it has gotten progressively worse and it’s really effecting me at the moment. I’ve tried soooo many things in attempt to relax myself and the only thing I have found that really helps is talking through what’s going on in my head.

@MKayla May I ask, are you currently receiving any support from a counsellor or psychologist? If not, I think this would be a great option to help you get on top of your anxiety.
You could see a school counsellor, a private mental health professional, try online counseling or just see how you go with the support we can offer here if your not up to talking to someone like that Smiley Happy
What coping strategies have you found helpful when your anxiety gets tough? If you don’t have any other than talking it through in your head, I’m happy to suggest some that I’ve found helpful in the past Smiley Happy

@Bananatime04 I’m seeing a psychologist, a sleep psychologist and an occupational therapist at the moment and I’m hopping to see a piedeatrition (children’s doctor) to review my antidepressants that I take as well. 

I would appreciate you telling me what you do as like I said talking about it with other people is all I got at the moment.

Highlighted

@MKayla I’m happy to hear you have a great support network set up Smiley Happy Firstly my number one coping strategy is breathing.. especially when I feel an anxiety attack coming. My khl counsellor sent me this a few months ago and I took a screenshot.. there are loads of different breathing exercises 

2DFF6C9E-B17E-4F46-B73E-AD397A44C31B.jpeg

Another thing is having a distraction box.. this idea I got from @litgym  but she hasn’t been here for ages.. you can put things like putty, squishies, tangles, chocolate, fidget cube and other fidgety things or stress relievers. Also putting these things in your pencil case for school (if your still at school).

Calming scents are also relaxing and reduce my anxiety levels at times.. like candles, oil burners, air humidifiers with scent compartments, oils in general etc.

You said you just talk through what’s going on in your head.. this could get tough so maybe talking little walks could help. I find walking my dog really refreshes my mind and also helps keep you fit at the same time! Bonus Smiley Tongue

Also instead of putting all those thoughts through your head, writing them down could help relieve stress. I used to do this and found it helpful as i could get it all out and wouldn’t have to worry about other people because I’m just writing to myself.

Lastly i have two apps which you could find helpful.. whitenoise is the first one and smiling minds is the second one. Whitenoise helps me get to sleep and it’s just like relaxing noises like the ocean, a fan, wind, rain etc. smiling minds is a meditation app which I sometimes use instead of whitenoise because they have meditations that help with sleeping but I use it for anxiety and depression too Smiley Happy 

there are LOADS more coping strategies than this.. these are just some that I find helpful. Everyone’s different and not everything works for everyone so be open to trying new things and you’ll find what suits you Smiley Happy 

i hope you can find some helpful strategies like I did! Also remember that finding the right ones can take time