cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I can't stop crying

I can't stop crying. I saw a photo my best friend with another one of our friends at dinner and I started to cry. I can't stop. I don't know why that made me cry. 

Re: I can't stop crying

Hi there @Cookiestarr , I'm so sorry that no-one was online last night to speak with you when you were going through this. 

How did the night go for you after you posted here? Did you manage to get any sleep? 

Let us know how you're going today. Heart

Check out our week long discussion for NAIDOC week. Click here to chat and learn about the amazing women in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community!

@gina-RO well after I posted it, it was a while until I could sleep. I tied reading and watching thing to clear my mind and I did finally get to sleep. I woke up feeling not better but not as bad as it was last night. I guess I was holding in something for a really long time but I'm not sure on what it was. 

Hey @Cookiestarr well done on reading/watching things last night, and finally getting to sleep. Those are great approaches to take.

Hmm friendships can be emotionally very complex and seeing that photo seems to have stirred up a lot of feelings for you, am I right?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@letitgo I've lost friendships over the years and now being out of high school, there are friends who don't speak to me anymore. I think I'm scared of losing more of my friends. My best friends always find a reason to leave one way or another. I don't want anymore to leave. 

Hi @Cookiestarr, losing friends is a really painful experience, so it makes sense that you would be worried about losing your current friends!

In the years following high school, it's really common for friendships to change and shift a lot - it can take a while for you to settle into your new friendships and feel secure in them. 

Could you plan a time when you are your friends can catch up over the weekend and spend quality time together? This might help you to feel more secure in your friendships, and remind you of how valued I'm sure you are by them as well. 

Check out our week long discussion for NAIDOC week. Click here to chat and learn about the amazing women in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community!