cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Im to scared and anxious to sleep and I cant stop the paranoia

Thank you! I haven’t heard of them but I’ll definitely try it out!

Re: Im to scared and anxious to sleep and I cant stop the paranoia & I need help

Hi, that sounds traumatic I’ve also have similar issues I have a massive fear of spiders I had panic attacks towards even the small ones I’ve not seen a spider on my bed in years but yet the thought of one going on my bed or is in my bed and I don’t know or that in my sleep I could eat one or it could go in my ears has terrified me to the point where spiders are the only thing I’m able to think of before I sleep I picture them in my head and it scares me more I’m unable to lay my mouth on the pillow so it’s not easily accessible for spiders and my ears I have to check the pillow for no spiders then move my hair right out the way and keep my ear firmly in the pillow I’m not sure why I’m so scared hopefully someone has answers for us both 

Re: Im to scared and anxious to sleep and I cant stop the paranoia & I need help

Hi @ZeodaOriginal , 

It sounds super distressing to have those fears about spiders, especially if it's affecting your sleep. I'm wondering if you've ever chatted to a doctor or a mental health professional about these feelings? I'm hearing that you're staring to have a lot of thoughts and worries about spiders especially before you go to sleep, that sounds like it would be really frustrating Smiley Sad 

It's definitely pretty common to have a fear of spiders, but if it's interfering with your sleep and you're finding it distressing, or you there's definitely professionals who can help you reduce those intrusive thoughts- do you think you'd feel comfortable chatting to a GP or a counsellor? 

Check out our community activities calendar here

I've been going though the exact same thing (I literally googled how to deal with this) a few weeks ago I was minding my own business when a huntsman spider started crawling up me from my bed. My house is also prone to spiders as it is old and it sucks because I have arachnophobia. I haven't slept for weeks after the incident and I also use a flashlight to check everywhere but even  then I feel scared. 

Oh that would be scary @Bakugokatsuki ! Have you noticed that your fear of spiders affects you negatively in other areas of your life as well? It might be a good idea to talk to a mental health professional and discuss possibly working on reducing this fear of spiders