cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lonely

Does anyone else have those terribly lonely moments in their day?

Re: Lonely

Those moments where you have to take medication but you dont want to.

Hey Morse,

I moved your thread to here instead. Hope that's ok.

It can be really hard to find the motivation to take your meds when you're feeling really low and lonely. Have you ever tried talking to someone about it? KHL, eheadspace and Lifeline offer phone and online support. 

Maybe talking to someone when you're feeling really lonely might help you feel more connected to the benefits your medication provides you.

What do you reckon?

Highlighted

Hey Morse,

I guess I think that feeling lonely is somewhat normal at times. It is more noticable for some of us when we have spent alot of time with ourselves or we feel we need someone there for us when we are doing something significant. Maybe taking medication is something you identify as significant at the moment? Is this what you are feeling?

Can you change when you take your medication so someone is around?

Yeah my [medication] makes me feel like all my friends hate me and dont want to talk to me even though they say they do. I know its true but yeah i feel like im some kind of joke that they keep around to joke about even though they dont

(moderator edit: our community guidelines do not allow the names of medications]

im getting my meds changed to a better balanced one, could work for you

Hey Morse,

I hope you know that you are not alone in your feelings, and that is very common for everyone to get a bit lonely from time to time. When this happens, people sometimes feel like withdrawing even more from social situations, because they feel as if they don't have the tools to cope. Do you think this has happened to you? Even though you may be feeling down and that you can't interact with others even though you want to, try to push through this in order to connect with others. Recgonise that you are worth talking to, and that there are people out there who have in a lot in common with you and would be great to talk to... You just have to get out and find them! Posting here was a great idea to get started, as people who can relate to what you're going through can share their ideas and start communication.

Here is an interesting factsheet on isolation and loneliness that you might find interesting, which can give you some ideas about how to feel less alone http://au.reachout.com/I-feel-so-alone

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Gabi.