cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: am i being attention seeking? being sad, emotions + more

Hey @alibrandayy17

I hope you're feeling a little better today. I just caught up on your first post, and it sounds like you're going through a really tough time. For starters, you're not at all being attention seeking or annoying. It's great to see you online and seeking some support/help through BeyondBlue and ReachOut. 

Are you still seeing your counsellor or psychologist? That's a difficult place to be in Smiley Sad Is there anyone at all that you feel the most comfortable with that you could perhaps talk to? Maybe try some community programs to meet some new people or keep yourself busy? 

I go to a kinesiologist  i feel i might be making a difference but its not changing the way other people act around me. I really feel i can't talk to anyone really without getting screamed at bc im showing how i feel or someone wondering off because they dont want to listen to me. 

hi @alibrandayy17 have you considered writing a letter tot the person you want to speak to telling them of how your feeling, and by also adding in there that your afraid of speaking up in fear of getting in trouble? 

i find people can understand written things better so its an idea if your up for it 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@alibrandayy17 

It's good to see that you are seeing someone about this. I would highly recommend that you also speak to your GP and see a psychologist alongside this, because the techniques they teach through their programs are really helpful. 

From my own experience, it's very hard to change the way other people  behave around or towards me. Seeing a psychologist helped me understand that what people did around me wasn't necessarily a reflection of something that i did personally. 

I'll agree with @scared01 - writing down how you feel, and leaving it for that person can be very therapeutic and an easier way to communicate as well. 

Have you ever tried keeping a diary before? 

hii @scared01  i have written a letter to my parents expressing how i feel. sadly they thought that i was having a go at them and  i just got screamed at again. Thank you for your support. I might try to write another note to them in a different way and hope that it has a positive reaction Smiley Happy

@alibrandayy17 That isn't great at all. I haven't kept up with this post. Have you considered talking to someone like headspace.

@Mayaa99 I definitely want to see a psychologist bc i do think it will help me just that little bit more. Yes i have a Diary right now but i have so many thoughts in my mind its hard to write them on paper. And instead of this slowing down my thoughts and stopping me from over thinking it just makes me a bit angry and very frustrated. But i still write in it, but i find it easier when talking to someone about how i feel instead of writing it. Thx for your message Smiley Happy

@Brendos94 Smiley Sad Idk what headspace is but i will look into it..

thanks

@alibrandayy17 Headspace is an agency set up by the federal Goverment. Headspace help young adults up to the age of 25. They have lots of people trained in different fields psychologists eg. I've been seeing them since August for some issues it helps so much

-----------------------
I miss my friend Andy Dufresne.

@Brendos94 nice alright. it sounds good and helpful! thanks so much i will definitely check it our. hopefully it can help me figure out and how to deal with the stuff thats going on.

thank youu!!!