Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Tiny_leaf
Uber contributor

Hi 

I came over from the other thread, where you said that you were worried that you might have been misdiagnosed and would have to wait ages for your medication to work.

And then I ran out of energy and dissapeared for a while... so I'm sorry about how long this took to write, but I haven't forgotten.

But I mostly just wanted to say that I did have that exact thing happen to me, and it did suck, but it was possible to get through.

I know that it's really disempowering to have nothing to do but wait and hope that your treatment team got everything right.

The main thing that helped me be sure that a diagnosis was right (or realise that it had to be reviewed) was to learn about it. When I got misdiagnosed I did this, and it is what helped me realise that the diagnosis was wrong. Then I did it again when I was diagnosed properly and saw that the symptoms matched my experience a lot better, and it helped reassure me that the diagnosis was right.

Do you think that might help? If so, your therapist might have some information about your diagnosis that you can look into.

The waiting to see if a medication will work can also be really hard... do you have any simple or concrete coping methods that you could use in the meantime?

Who rated this post