cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

@marvel232 I really feel for you - car accidents can be so scary. I still get a bit nervous when drivers do things that remind me of past accidents; it's very common to feel that way.

At the same time, it sounds like the anxiety is getting in the way of you doing things you'd otherwise want to do, so it's really positive that you're looking for ways to get some support with it. 

So hard when family and friends aren't really taking it seriously though - sometimes people find it hard to put themselves in other people's shoes.

I think bringing it up with your GP is a really good first step because they could potentially help with some advice, referrals to other services or a care plan for Medicare funded therapy if that's something you're interested in. If it's hard to bring it up with them, do you think it would help to write down a few points before the appointment so you can either read them out or give it to the GP to read?

As another option, do you think it would be helpful to contact Kids Helpline or eHeadspace
to talk through what you're feeling?

Who rated this post