cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Courtney-RO
Star contributor

Hi @Akinna I'm sorry to hear that your currently going through a medication change, I can only imagine how awful and scary it must be without the support of your psychiatrist. While I don't have it myself, one of my closest friends have bipolar and another has borderline personality, so I can certainly understand your worries in regard to medication change. Going through a change like this can be hard, so I am sorry to hear that your psychiatrist didn't prepare you for it at all. 

It sounds like you've got some really great supports around you though, I imagine having your mum there makes things a little better. You also mentioned playing a lot of electric guitar lately, that sounds amazing! I think that's a great coping mechanism, have you been able to find anything else that helps?

I also want to say thank you for letting us know about the scary thoughts and how you don't want to act on them. I know just how difficult that can get so I want to remind you that you are not alone and we are all here to support you 💜

If you are up for a bit of a read, we do have a few articles on Bipolar disorder and even one on Coping when things are out of your control, which could be worth having a look at, they might even be a good distraction. If things do get too hard, please remember that Kidshelpline is there for you too.

Who rated this post