Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @lemurien 

I worked in an op shop too! And had the same experience of having to work with lovely older people. Sometimes I think I’m a really old soul haha. Add me to the “just surviving” bus, I’ve been on it for quite a while now but we must be doing something right because here we are having this conversation. You seem like an incredibly insightful person and I’m so glad you are on a platform like this because I believe you have sage advice to offer. I’m trying this think called Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with my psychologist and although it sounds simple it’s actually quite hard. Especially for people who ruminate and feel pressured by society like you and I. I’ve recently been trying to accept that I’m not read to join the paid workforce just yet, I have some mental health hurdles to jump before I get there but I will continue to volunteer and pay it back to my community and when people ask what I do for work, I know they’re after what I do for paid employment but I’m learning to reply with my volunteer work because it’s just as valid.

Who rated this post