Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

DrummaBoy
Super frequent scribe

Going through a real rollercoaster of emotions

Hey ReachOut fam, it's DrummaBoy here. Its been a while since I've logged on, but I've really felt the need to reach out to you all.

I've been going through a lot lately, and I'm struggling to handle all the challenges that have come my way.

I've been carrying a lot of weight on my shoulders, and I'd just like to share my thoughts as a way of relief.

I've been facing troubles with my mental illnesses, including anxiety, ocd and depression. My mood has been up and down like a rollercoaster, and I'm just feeling so drained by these of waves of feeling good and feeling really down. I've noticed a heightened sense of anxiety and getting overwhelmed easily. I've also found it hard to get the motivation to do things. I've also recognised my habit of socially isolating myself, and getting lonely a lot.

I can recognise why I've been feeling this way, for a number of reasons. I'm just going to list them all out here to get them off my chest ...

I've recently come out as bisexual, which has proven to be both an exciting new chapter, but also quite a tough challenge. I've been dealing with over protective homophobic parents, who really don't get my situation, and have been treating me like a kid, even though I'm an adult. I've been stressed at uni, and are facing upcoming deadlines. I've lost a lot of connection with my good friends, and am trying really hard to find new supportive friends, which hasn't been easy. I recently got diagnosed with male pattern hair loss, which I'm feeling down right blue every time I look on the mirror.

Yeah, as you can see, it's been a lot for me. And sometimes I just don't have the energy to do much, and find it hard to look forward to things in the future.

I'm just in need of comfort right now, as I'm finding my support network to not be very available right now.

Thank you to all who read my post, I do really appreciate it.
Much love, DrummaBoy ❤️🌈

Who rated this post