cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Hi @DrummaBoy

I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with so much right now - it sounds like it has been a rough day or two. It can be so upsetting to notice something about your physical appearance and then to be worried about what others might think. I can understand why it has made you feel embarrassed and hesitant to go out. I know that can be an incredibly isolating and sad way to feel 🙁 It might not feel like it right now, but you are so much more than what people see on the outside.

It would be so difficult to hear those comments from both of your parents. Feeling respected, heard and understood by your parents can be really important especially when you are still trying to figure out parts of yourself. I can hear that you are lacking a lot of this from your parents right now. Is there anyone in your life who makes you feel supported? Do you have any professional supports? By the way, we are so glad that you have reached out for support tonight. Sometimes things get hard to bare alone. 

The Queer dating and speed friending event sounds like lots of fun and a good way to meet people. I hope you get to go, even though you are feeling quite down about yourself right now. I know that if I am focused on a particular part of my physical appearance, a lot of the time other people don't notice and if I do point it out to them, they seem pretty uninterested by it. Do you think that might also be true for you? Heart 

Who rated this post