cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

niawithluv
Builder

This is yet another great post that highlights something that isn't spoken about enough! Thank you so much for bringing attention to this, @Iona_RO

Nowadays, it's a lot more likely for people to become too invested in their insecurities and imperfections and the media has a lot of influence in this. The strategies you have listed are great and are definitely things that I will be looking into doing, especially the second point as I am terribly guilty of keeping clothes for the day I can fit into them. I can tell that keeping those clothes has had a negative impact on my mindset so I'm eager to see what changes getting rid of them can bring to my thought patterns!

I agree with @fishyie in the sense that social media platforms such as TikTok are being used to represent body types that are not considered to be of 'typical beauty'! I think this celebration of different body types is truly a show of the progress society has made and I'm hoping that this can increase the self-esteem and confidence (self-love is very important!) of everyone when they see people who look like them being adored in the media! 🥰

Animated GIF

Who rated this post