Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @SkunkFanatic 

I thought I was the only one who went through this! It started for me in primary school and I still remember it vividly. It began with the anxiety of my parents dying and my child's brain couldn't comprehend a life without them. Intermittently it would come back. I still haven't found a complete remedy to it but for me, I took the spiritual path. I am a Muslim who went to a Catholic high school and wondered which was the  "right" religion. I realised it didn't matter as long as I could connect to whatever religion I chose. I was brought up Muslim so I didn't put too much thought into it until I graduated from uni. I had a near-fatal experience and decided to get more insight into my religion. I found it brought me some peace. Now, this may not be the same for you but another approach I took was the way I perceived death. It is inevitable therefore waste so much energy worrying about it. It will come but you have your whole life ahead of you. I started purposefully focusing on the present, asking myself what I can do right now with the time I do have. No one can predict the future so let's do our bit to live a meaningful life. Finding purpose is like a salve for anxiety. I'm sorry if that didn't help much, I'm still shocked I found someone who has gone through the exact same thing haha. I see you are worried about right and wrong but I think it's all about good intentions. Being pansexual and procrastinating isn't a crime (despite what your grandma may think) You've done nothing wrong other than being your authentic self. Keep being the person you want to be because you don't owe an explanation to anyone. You do you boo! 

Has this anxiety flared up again recently?

Who rated this post