cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Hey @Lee101 ,

Just wanted to say how amazing it is to hear that you are feeling so much more at ease with your identity recently! That is truely something worth celebrating, and it definately sounds to me like you are heading in the right direction and working out the things that make you more and less comfortable and able to express your true self. Going to the barber and requesting a haircut that makes you feel like yourself is a big deal, and one that you should definately be proud of. It's also great you have found some ways to lean more into your identity, with regards to binders, haircuts and having your sister's friend call you Lee. It's also great that you feel you can express yourself freely with art and writing - having a hobby or self-care activity like this is so important. And don't worry - me and sport don't get along either! I completely resonate with feeling self-conscious when working out around other people. If you're wanting to increase your exercise or amount of sport, that can come with time/when you are ready, and try not to put too much pressure on yourself - it takes time to build up a routine (Something I have been trying to create for years, but never seem to stick to very well, haha!). If you are interested in working out, you could always try developing a (relatively) easy-to-stick-to schedule that's not too intensive to start out with, and if working out with others is too stressful, would you consider/be able to purchase some cheap weights to work out at home, or try to find a routine that does not require equipment? If you're interested, I can recommend you some routines I've found online that I try to stick to (some specifically target trans-masc individuals as well, if that's something that interests you). 

Once again I want to say how great it is that things have been looking up lately with regards to your gender identity and self-exploration, and you should be really proud of your achievements. I am glad to hear that you have found the forums helpful, and I urge you to reach out again if you feel the need to (or if you just want to chat!). Wishing you all the best Lee! 😀

Who rated this post