Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Lee101
Super frequent scribe

Thank you @Dem--RO 

Yeah, it happened last night. It was what I thought it was. Boring and full of anxiety. There were a lot of balloons and it was hard to not freak out so I went to the disabled toilets a lot. I wasn't able to go into the group photos because it was in front of the balloons which they kept popping them. The principal found me in the toilets which made me shake uncontrollably. 

However, the principal, of the catholic school, was telling me how proud she was of me coming and showing up in a suit. Because her daughter is queer and wasn't able to come out at school and wanted to wear a suit and bring their partner, so she felt that am an 'inspiration' to people. So that was nice. 

The Facebook comments were very positive with a couple of 'queer' people posting positive things. Though it doesn't directly relate to my experience (as I wouldn't call myself queer), I definitely felt the support from the LGBTQIA+ community. 

If I were to do it again, I wouldn't go but I love the suit and will definitely fill my wardrobe with them. 

Who rated this post