Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Plum_Zebra 

Whilst talking can be very therapeutic it can also be daunting so it’s completely understandable to feel that way especially if you’re talking about things that are distressing. I know you might not believe me but you are not wasting anyone’s time. I’ve had the exact same thought before so you’re not alone. In fact by attending these sessions you are working on yourself and you should be proud of yourself for that. 
Opening up to someone is a really vulnerable thing to do and the more rapport you have with your counsellor the more likely you are to share your intimate thoughts with them. Maybe you can try building on that relationship by writing down a list of questions you may have about the counsellor or even their job role. That way you can see if they are a good match for you. If not, I wonder if there is potential for you to find someone else more fitting? It can be a bit of trial and error but you will get there. Also, good on you for committing your time and efforts to see them every week. From experience I know that is harder to do than most people realise! I hope you know you’re not alone in this either. Whatever thoughts you don’t feel comfortable sharing with them you can do so in this space with no fear of judgement. Counselling sessions can be tiring so remember to do some serious self-care after each session to recover. 

Take care, I have faith you can pull through this 💜

Who rated this post