cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Portia_RO
Star contributor

Hi @Blue_Butterfly002 and welcome to the online community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a tough time lately. It sounds like you've been really proactive in reaching out for support, and I'm glad to hear that you're finding your psychologist sessions useful. 

You mentioned that you think that you might be going through something other than anxiety and depression. Is there anything in particular that's made you feel like it could be something more/different?

I can completely understand the idea of being worried about judgment or going into a session and trying to self-diagnose. But, I also believe that you're the expert in your own lived experience, so if something still feels a little off, then it makes perfect sense to trust your gut and to mention that to your psychologist. In my experience, psychologists can usually only work with what you tell them, so if you have some questions or concerns, telling your psychologist might help them to get a clearer picture of what's going on so that can provide you with the best support possible. You don't necessarily have to know all the answers, but if you explain what you're feeling, then they might be able to help you find some together.

When you say you're worried about judgment, are there any questions that you're particularly nervous to ask or any ideas that you're worried to share?

Who rated this post