Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

utgard
Super frequent scribe

Hi there,

As a transmasc person, I've had a similar experience. Generally if you're uncomfortable in your skin and with people seeing you as your assigned gender or calling you by your birth name, you're trans. But even if it turns out you're not, it's completely okay to experiment with changing your pronouns, name, and whatever else, just to see what makes you most comfortable. In the end, it's really just about you being comfortable, you don't even ever have to label yourself.

I also sometimes like to look feminine, and on other days I get dysphoric from things like that. It might seem weird to other people, like some people don't believe I'm trans when I look feminine, but it doesn't matter what other people think, because your gender is none of their business, plus it's normal for gender expression to be fluid. That's another thing, there's a difference between gender expression and gender. I'm always a boy (or boy-adjacent), but sometimes I want to express myself as more feminine, which doesn't change my gender at all, it's just something I felt like doing. Like how cis people "cross-dressing" doesn't mean they're not cis. However, if you do feel like your gender is changing and not just your expression of gender, you could be genderfluid.

Good luck on your gender journey, and I hope you find people to talk to about this, because it can be a hard thing to keep to yourself. I'm also here to talk to if you ever want that!

Who rated this post