Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Greenfern
Builder

Hi uncaged, 

I think sexuality in general can be pretty confusing, especially when you're growing up! I think it's good that you're thinking about it and trying to understand yourself, but my advice is to not rush to conclusions and leave it open as you grow and meet different people.

Personally, I've had doubts about whether I was bisexual earlier on. I'm had a crush-like feelings on two girls before growing up, and can relate to doubting the nature of those feelings. It feels like infatuation/love, but yes I definitely also wondered if it meant I was truly also into girls or whether I was just bored generally and wanted to experience the sensation of a crush.

Now some years later, I feel more straight than bi to be honest, but I'd say sexuality can be a spectrum. I wouldn't put myself right at the end of being straight for example, because I have been into girls, but just a lot rarer compared to being into guys. Therefore, I think for your case, it can be helpful to keep thinking about it but leave it open, and think of sexuality more like a spectrum. Do not feel like you need to rush to identify yourself, and let experience tell you the truth. I've heard true stories of people discovering they're gay because they were a lot more into intimately interacting with someone of the same sex. Someone of the opposite sex didn't give them the same sensation.

Hope this helps 🙂

Who rated this post