Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Erin_RO
Community Manager

Hey @lemurien

Gosh I am so sorry to read this 😔 A massive rental increase is super overwhelming under any circumstance but it can be much more difficult for people who have a disability. The worry can extend to things like the travel distance to and from professional supports, familiar places to access medication, favourite places to meet friends and share meals etc, and stress in general can significantly impact health! It sounds like you have experienced a pretty transient life with not being able to really settle into a place before moving again. I imagine that must be exciting to explore new places but also really exhausting at the same time. 

I can also see how experienced you are around moving to new places. Do you have any learnings from these past experiences that you could consider applying to this situation? I can also see that you have met some really great friends where you are now too. Have you been able to talk to them about this news? 

For what it's worth, we do have some resources on managing financial stress here that might be helpful. We have popped a few posts up this year about cost of living as it has been a really tough year. If you ever want to have a look through some of these, this one is great and has a heap of tips and supports you could access if things start to get on top of you. The comment about freedom and living in the jungle really resonated and I wonder the same thing sometimes! 😻

I can see the trust you have in yourself to get through this crisis which is really inspiring to see. You know that we are here always to walk and talk with you through the ups and downs of this potential new chapter in your life. 

Who rated this post