cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Hey there @yonglixx ,

Thanks for getting back to us despite you being so busy at this time. Good on your for being able to find the motivation to work on your assessment. It takes a lot of effort to push through the procrastination I reckon. Well done!

After reading your post, I'm hearing that you are thinking that you will have a ridiculously low score compared to others. I hear how stressful this is to you. I'm curious to know whether at your school, the teachers share your scores with others? 

As natural as it may be for us to compare ourselves with others, I'm wondering if you can look at your mark as your own? That is, use the mark you get to help yourself? Rather than using the score to compare it with others, can you compare your next assessment score to this score as an indicator of improvement? 

As Pho-RO provided the resource about failing a subject, I remember reading the part where it mentions that it's not necessarily bad. That is, by getting a not-so-good-score, you can be motivated to improve next time so as not to repeat the same mistake. Do you think you would do that?

Please know, teachers are not there to find you annoying. I'm sure they genuinely want all their students to do well. Having an honest chat with them may be the key to getting that little nudge that you need sometimes.

All the best. Let us know how things go for you 🙂

Who rated this post