cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Indigo_Lemur
Builder

Hey @Parker_rxecxr , I am so sorry no one reached out on your 16th Birthday. I can’t image how sad, and rejected that must have made you feel. From reading your post, I can really hear the worry you have about losing your friend. Feeling socially connected is so important, so it’s understandable to feel sad and hopeless when we are not connecting well with others. When I read that you believed you were destined not have friends, that really resonated with me. I really struggled to make friends in the past and this lead to me questioning my worthiness to have friends. I often looked at my peer group relationships, and longed to be part of it. What really helped me was acknowledging that I can’t be friends with everyone, and learning to accept and look after the relationships I was lucky to have in my life (family, my small friend group). But this is easier said than done (I sometimes get a bit lonely!)  Maybe you could ask your friend what makes them want to be friends with you? Sometimes when we feel low in ourself we need others to remind us of our self worth. I hope you this maybe of some help. Take care @Parker_rxecxr  🙂 

Who rated this post