Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Invictus-Ernest
Builder

Hey @Lemon_Dolphin

Thank you for speaking out about this. I do understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to hold focus or motivation to do Uni work.

Personally, I've always been a fan of classical music and that is my go-to study music, it has been for many years. But if it isn't something you're used to, it can be a bit tricky to get in to. Like @butterfly21 said, upbeat music could also work. I find that if I'm studying something I really don't want to, blasting that music can attempt to try and change my mindset into a more positive one.

Absolutely break up your studying, try to work for 30-50 minutes, then go for a walk, or have a break in any way. If you're trying to push on, I find that you may only feel worse about it. I've also found that trying to set daily goals are important, but looking after yourself is even more important. My goal could be to write 500 words of an assignment, but if I only do 300, and I know I've tried, I'm okay with that.

I've recently learnt about the spoon theory, here is a link that explains what it is and where it came from. Some days, the spoon theory might not even come into your head. But for the days where your focus is low, have a think about how many spoons you have that day, how much can you manage.

This was probably longer than I thought it was going to be. But I hope at least something in this has helped 🙃

Who rated this post