cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

RalphyCee
Builder

Hi, thank you very much for posting this, I see how you might find this situation difficult to address!

For context, from a boys perspective and as someone who went to Europe last year with very similar circumstances to yours, travelling overseas and maintaining that level of trust with your partner can be challenging!

Just a few things I learnt from travelling overseas is that even though your partner is across the other side of the world, contact is still easy and communication is always important! For instance, whilst there may be a timezone difference, it’s reassuring to know that a lot of the times you go out at night the time is morning/ Midday here in Australia, meaning if you ever feel you need to talk with your partner this can still be done! My friend did this all the time and it was important that we respected his wishes for this.

It’s also important to know that a loooooooot of Australians annd other like minded people travelling same time as you! There were many times I went out partying with friends I made during my trip that had more similar interests with me than with the friends I travelled over with! I found these friends at hostels, hotels and even when going out partying!

As the user suggested below it’s important you sit down with your partner and talk with them. I would also do this with your friend you’re travelling with. This does not have to be a confrontational conversation- just talk openly and honestly with them, they are your friend and partner after all!!

Hope this hasn’t been too long- let me know if you have any other questions about particulars with Europe. I loved my trip and can’t recommend it more highly!!

Who rated this post