Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

frankie20
Builder

Hello 😊

First of all, that sounds like such a fun party! 🥳

It sounds like you're confused on the best way to go about this without hurting Tom's feelings, which is totally understandable. I've found in these situations being open and honest is the best way to go, especially as you'd still like to keep a good friendship with Tom.

There's also no need to admit your feelings for Owen to Tom (or anyone at this stage if you're not ready!). I'd recommend next time you see Tom you find a quiet area to have a quick chat. Then I'd begin by explaining that you really appreciate the friendship you have and really think Tom is an awesome and kind person that you value in your life. Then move on and be honest in saying that you'd like to keep being friends, but just don't think you and Tom work for a romantic relationship. Finish by reminding him that you really enjoy the friendship you have and then finish with something light, like asking him what his plans for after school are or something about his hobbies 🙂

There's no need to rush to figure out how you feel about Owen, this is something you'll figure out with time.

Let us now how it all goes, you've got this! 🌟

Who rated this post