Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

miso_soup
Builder

Hi there @Sunset_Crab 

I hear you. I've been there too. 

I have really bad fear of abandonment and recently went through a break up. Your post really resonated with me because those were the exact thoughts I was having for a really long time, it's comforting (in a strange way) to know someone else also understands the struggle. 

My ex and I dated for 3 years and I genuinely thought we would spend the rest of our lives together! The break up brought up so many emotions for me, and took me a long time to come to terms with. It wasn't anyone's fault, we both tried our best, but our circumstances and life goals meant that even if we stayed together we would have to be in a long-distance relationship for the next 4 years 🙁

Contrary to what I thought, I survived the breakup and am doing much better mentally now. It took a lot of time, but I learnt a lot about myself during this time. I started taking myself on coffee, shopping and library dates and found I really enjoy my own company. I also found sharing my feelings with friends, especially the ones that have had similar experiences, to be such a huge relief. It's great that you're reaching out to share your feelings too. If you ever want to talk more about it, I'm here for you❤️

Who rated this post