cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Lily_RO
Community Manager

Hi @Pinkfluffyunicorn24 , welcome to the ReachOut forums! It’s lovely to have you here 😊

I'm really glad you've reached out here to share what you're going through. Losing a close friend, especially one you deeply cared for, can be incredibly painful. It can almost feel like you’re losing a part of yourself, and it’s completely normal to feel the intense emotions you’re experiencing.

If you feel comfortable, I’m wondering if you could share how recently this happened and, from what you know, if anything specific led to the falling out with this friend?

Your feelings of pain and anger are completely valid. It's understandable to feel hurt and betrayed when someone ends a relationship abruptly, and it can be even more tough with the added challenges of BPD. It's okay to feel everything you're feeling right now, and to allow yourself to grieve the loss of this friendship. 

When dealing with a loss, it's super important to prioritise your well-being. Have you found any coping strategies that help you manage your feelings? Do you have support from friends, family, or a therapist who understands what you're going through?

We have an article on ways to make sure you’re okay when a friendship ends here, which may provide you with some tips. We also have tips for coping with change, like losing a best friend, here. I hope these help. 

Take care, and know that the community is here to listen and support you how we can 💛

Who rated this post