cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

apricotprincess
Builder

Hey @Alex-Taylor. Firstly im so so so glad you have such supportive friends who can help you with challenges you may be facing. I can see why you might be confused about your friend who helps you out a lot. I appreciate that your doing some good problem solving skills, and understanding that going to your parents wont be the best option for a good outcome. I also appreciate that you dont want this to impact your studies. I think if you keep using your problem solving brain, you will be able to have a good outcome for yourself and your connection to your friend/s.

I assume that majority of the stress and anxiety coming from this situation is that you like this person, but dont want to tell them/dont want to compromise your relationship (pls correct me if im wrong) which is sooo understandable. I think the first thing you may wanna do is acknowledge and accept your feelings!! I think when someone shows you care in tough situations, it leads to the development of feelings toward them.

If appropriate, you may want to set boundaries. this does not mean cutting your friend off, however if this situation causes you anxiety, i think putting healthy emotional boundaries in place will help balance the emotions within the situation. If you think that you'd be okay to talk to them about it, i think it might be helpful! just letting them know you appreciate their help and friendship without putting pressure on yourself to change the relationship. also if you have friends who are neutral to this situation (or a trusted adult) please reach out!!! Even if it just to express that you are anxious, and you dont have to delve into the situation. It might help to alleviate some stress that you're feeling

Long term, keep up with self care and prioritising your own wellbeing (The reach out website has many great links talking about self care). Using general anxiety alleviating tactics like journalling/meditation/breathing exercises etc might help in the long run, and give you a 'toolbox' of strategies to use for self-soothing. Your feelings are valid, and right now you should to put yourself first in order to make decisions to benefit your wellbeing. 

I really hoped this helped, all the best ❤️ 

Who rated this post