Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

cats_wherever
Builder

Hi @Bearded_Dragon 

I am sorry that you have to deal with this, it's truly so unfair and upsetting. You do not deserve to be treated this way by anyone, especially your own family. The behaviour your mum is exhibiting is not a reflection of you and her hardships should not be taken out on you.

I have ASD as well and dealt with depression and anxiety quite heavily throughout high school. It is so difficult to not only deal with these challenges but also deal with the day-to-day life of school and managing relationships with family and friends. it's hard growing up and parents not taking your concerns and feelings seriously, it can feel very invalidating.

Do you have a safe space at all and any activities you like to do that help you de-stress and separate yourself from the negative situations with your family? When I was dealing with family troubles I always loved engaging with online fandoms of my interests (TV shows, movies, music, etc.) and viewing content of my favourite TV shows. I always found that this helped me escape and connect with people with similar interests. I also enjoyed playing video games so I could concentrate on the virtual world I was in rather than stressing about the actions of my parents.

It's lovely that you can connect with your friend's mum and have a break from what you go through everyday. I also had this experience and would go to my friend's house to have some peace and quiet. Do you chat to your friend and your friend's mum regularly about what's going on?

I am very proud of you that you seek support from not only the ReachOut Online Community but your school counsellor. That is no easy task, so well done to you! You mentioned that you were emotionally fragile after your discussion with the school counsellor, how did you find this experience? 

Thank you for reaching out and we hope to hear from you soon if your are comfortable in sharing updates, if not I wish you all the best and please know that you are extremely strong and we are so proud of you!😊

Who rated this post