Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Matcha_Toad
Builder

Hi @Geode

I am proud of you for coming on here and sharing what has been happening for you, it sounds like a really difficult and overwhelming situation. Hopefully, what @Marimo-RO @LilacLeopard14 has said, and what others and I will say, might help you or provide you with some support, comfort, and validation. 

You have every right to decide what you are and are not comfortable discussing, regardless of who it is. I am so sorry that your mother has forced you to talk about what happened in your therapy session, and it saddens me immensely that she continues to question you about it and is making your trauma about herself. I do not blame you at all for not knowing how to navigate this situation, and it really sounds overwhelming.

Everyone deserves privacy and respect and for our boundaries to be respected.

Setting boundaries/limits can be hard, but they are so important. It can feel exhausting having to reiterate your boundaries, especially when your mother, for example, keeps asking questions. I understand that you have already tried telling her multiple times that you do not want to talk about it, and it sounds like she is very persistent. I've had a similar experience, and I found that I had to be just as persistent in not telling the other person anything and upholding my boundaries.

I do recommend the PeerChat, Beyond Blue and Kids Helpline services; they could provide further support for you in this situation. Maybe you could also bring this situation up in your next therapy session. I'm also curious to know what coping mechanisms do you have in place, if any? I'm more than happy to provide you with some examples if you would like, these could really help during this time.

In the meantime, it's really important that you take care of yourself and prioritize your own emotional/physical/mental/spiritual well-being. So please, if you can this afternoon/tonight, dedicate some time to yourself, whether that's having a hot shower and letting the hot water go down your back, or going for a walk and counting how many birds or flowers you see, or even eating your favourite snack; these can be very fulfilling and healing.

I hope what I have written helps you a little bit; we're all here for you!

- Matcha_Toad 🐸🍵💚

Who rated this post