Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Lemon_Fox
Casual scribe

Mums mad at me / school stress

Hey,

I'm alright just feeling a bit stressed about school work and when I tried to talk to my mum about it she got mad and now she won't talk to me.

Right now I'm feeling stressed and anxious because I procrastinated my work over the long weekend 🙃 and now I'm kind of cramming on a Sunday night. I have two tests tomorrow and a notes audit as well as other organisational things I want to do so the rest of my week is organised. 

When I tried to tell mum that I was feeling overwhelmed and wanted to talk to her about... i don't know what happened. One moment it was fine and then she was raising her voice demanding to know if she needed to talk to my teacher or the school or something for giving me too much work. Mum can dramatise or jump to exaggerated conclusions and it always makes me feel uncomfortable when she does because that's not what I want her to do and when I try to say that, she gets upset and asks what I want her to do. 

I told her that it wasn't the school and that I needed help organising my time over the weekend and she asked (angrily) why i waited until Sunday night to ask for help. By now I didn't want to continue talking about it because she wasn't helping, she was making me feel worse about myself. 

Overall, I'm feeling pretty stressed, especially about the notes audit as I'm really behind and don't want to get in trouble or given extra work, and now mums upset with me because I tried to ask her for help, which has made me feel worse. I don't really want to go to mum for help again so now feel isolated and stuck without options for support. (Dad will arrive later in the week). 

Mum also kept pushing me to explain why I couldn't find time on the long weekend to work and, aside from 4 hours each way to get to and from "real" home and where school is, looking after animals, which I love doing, and having a break from school and doing the jobs mum asked me to do, I didn't find the time/motivation to sit down for 3-5 hours or longer. 

I'm struggling a lot with procrastination over the weekend and at home, making easy tasks take longer than they should be and finding starting difficult tasks demotivating. Going to mum for support backfired and now I don't know where else to get school related support.

•  

I'm not too sure what I should do from now on and was wondering if anyone had any tips?

Who rated this post