Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Marimo-RO
Super frequent scribe

Hi @oTruAuzzie,

Welcome to the ReachOut Youth Community. I want to acknowledge the strength and courage you have in sharing such a heartbreaking experience. 

I'm sorry to hear about both your loved ones' passing. Losing two people whom you deeply cared for in a short span of time can make anyone overwhelmed. I can see how much your best friend meant to you and that they were a core source of love and support for you. Given how recent everything has happened, I understand that it is incredibly difficult to know how to move on. I want to let you know that it's absolutely okay to give yourself some time and space to process the grief and that there is no set timeframe for processing grief and loss.

I'm also hearing that you feel unsure about talking to a therapist and I'm wondering if there is someone you feel able to talk to during this time? 

We have some resources on grief and loss that may be helpful to you. Here is an article on working through grief and we also have an article about Kourtney, who shares her story of how she processed her grief for her best friend's death.

If you're seeking more direct support, Griefline can offer free and confidential support around grief and loss. We also have a PeerChat service where you can talk to a peer worker 1 on 1.

We will also be sending you an email. Please keep an eye out for it!

Who rated this post