cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Lily_RO
Community Manager

Hi @soldier_poet_king , welcome to the ReachOut community! It’s lovely to have you here 😊

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your situation with us. It’s completely valid to feel lost during such a challenging time. Navigating parental divorce is tough enough, it’s understandable to feel worried about the impact it may have on your well-being and study plans.

It sounds like you’ve already been through a lot this year with the news of your parents divorce. Even though it's something you felt had been coming, the reality of it still brings a lot of uncertainty. It’s completely understandable to worry about how the 50/50 split will impact your life moving forward. Balancing that new living arrangement with uni and work is no small feat, and it’s okay to feel unsure about how it will all come together. 

I’m wondering what specific concerns you have when it comes to navigating university, work, and your mental health while managing the 50/50 split? Are there particular aspects of your routine or living arrangements you’re worried about most? 

I'm also curious to know if you have had a chance to talk to your brother about how you're both feeling? Since your brother is in a similar situation, I wonder if it could be helpful to team up and plan ahead for the transition together. 

I wanted to share some articles that will hopefully offer some useful insights: 

It’s really great that you're reaching out for support ahead of time, hopefully giving you plenty of opportunity to plan for the transition. Take care of yourself during this period of change and uncertainty, and remember, it’s okay not to have everything figured out just yet. 

Who rated this post