Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Catlover101
Builder

Hi @Purple_Zebra

Health anxiety is a super serious thing and I am sorry you are going through that. It is very draining to be so aware of your body.

Have you every spoken to a psychologist about your feelings? I feel they could have some good ways to help you cope.

My friend who also has pretty intense health anxiety was told by his psychologist to try and focus on this technique of thinking in which you only believe what you have previous knowledege of actually happening. For example, if you were going to ask someone out and thinking they might yell in your face back. You would think to yourself, do I have any real concrete evidence that this is going to happen.

I know its hard when its easy to read into small symptoms and apply them to the worst possibl diagnosis you could think of to yourself. But maybe try in the moment to remind yourself that sometimes a bodily feeling is just a bodily feeling and it does not mean it is something much scarier that you infer it is.

Have you gone to the doctors for routine blood tests and scans? In covid I had such bad regular anxiety i thought I was having a heart attack which triggere health anxiety about that but once I did some tests and the experts told me they could find nothing it did help to settle my nerves.

You are doing great and health anxiety is a real struggle. You got this!

Who rated this post