Mod

Re: [CHAT] Hey errybody and welcome to tonight's GR! Twipe right for love: modern dating conundrums

[ Edited ]

1. What are some anxieties associated with being single? And what are some good things about being single?

As @Chloee said, I think the pressure to be in a relationship is definitely there, especially in a growing generation of increasingly social people where social pressures appear to be having more and more impact.

Good things? I'd say being able to better yourself indepedently, without relying too much on another person. Although this can also have its downsides....

EDIT: Hey folks Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Builder

Re: [CHAT] Hey errybody and welcome to tonight's GR! Twipe right for love: modern dating conundrums

@nc_reachout13 @Ben-RO I agree with both of you. Getting into a relationship is seen as a huge risk because you put your heart and soul on the line, and it may not work out. But on the plus side, it might! So that's a huge gamble for something that could turn out so well for you.
-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Builder

1. What are some anxieties associated with being single? And what are some good things about being single?

I guess it's this overall sense of worry that you may never find someone and that if that was case it would mean you would lonely, but really not being in relationship isn't a bad thing. Some people never find a partner and that's ok, a lot of people do and that's ok too. I think it's also a bit scary when you think there is a chance you could be let down or hurt by someone. 

Some good things about being single could be getting to know yourself and people around you without necessarily being committed to someone. You can do the things you like by yourself, without having another person there, although they might be good company. 

Mod

Re: [CHAT] Swipe right for love: modern dating conundrums

1. Personally, I don't have a lot of insight because this isn't really something that affects me however I know that there is a lot of expectation on people to be in relationships.

Hey @j95 @nc_reachout13 @Chloee (thanks for the awesome blog post!) @Stealth_ninja and @Ben-RO and anyone else whose joined while I've been typing this Smiley Tongue
Builder

What are some anxieties associated with being single? And what are some good things about being single?

Um, I think mostly pressure from society to not be single would be the main anxiety. I think being single gives you a lot more independence though, and you get a lot more freedoms and a lot less committments, which can also be cool.

Mod

Re: [CHAT] Swipe right for love: modern dating conundrums

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

I think being alone and not having that deeper connection with another person or experiencing being 'in love'. Some good things are being able to do what you want without having to tell someone else about it, and finding more about yourself as an individual e.g. things you like

Mod

oh hello

Hey Guys! So keen to see everyones thoughts on this  topic Smiley Happy

Mod

@nc_reachout13 definitely see what you're saying and you @Chloee. I have actually realised how scary it can seem as a single person to be in a relationship because you need to be vulnerable. I think when you have been through a lot in your life that could be a really terrifying thing to share and I definitely learnt a lot by staying single and working on myself till I was really able to let someone in. I sometimes think that taking that time has impacted my current relationship in a really positive way even though at the time i found being single hard and would always joke about being a cat lady. Still totally open to that, except maybe more of a dog lady!

Builder

Lots of discussion about being single, but now let's talk about being in a relationship!

What are some anxieties associated with being in a relationship? And what are some good things about being in a relationship?

-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Builder

I'd say some anxieties of being in a relationship, are definitely the ones at the beginning of the relationship. Putting your best foot forward if you will. However I feel once this stage ends, a lot can go wrong, like if the person becomes confortable and then you find out the person you're dating is entirely a different person to who you thought they were 

Top High Fived Authors