Frequent scribe

Re: [CHAT]: The lowdown on long distance love

[ Edited ]

@Stealth_ninja Not really for too long, it was eight months not too long ago. It feels like it has been so much longer really.

Builder

I've never been in an actual long distance relationship but I do have a few friends who live interstate and all that
Post Mod

@OmNomPineapples WELCOME WELCOME! so glad to have you join us. I hope you'll find these conversations educational and entertaining Smiley Very Happy 

Community Manager

Also as a bit of a side note, i find it interesting that there's so many of us Mod's in LDR's hmm

Frequent scribe

[ Edited ]

@Ben-RO I feel like it will be worth it one day. The hardest thing I would have to say is definitely because my boyfriend has a mental illness and when he isn't feeling too great I can't be there telling him things are okay. And it's hard because I always worry that something is going to happen to him and I won't be able to stop it.

Community Manager

@j95 that definitely counts as an LDR it's just not a romantic one! 

Post Mod

it looks like we have a nice mix tonight! so cool Smiley Very Happy 

Let's discuss the next question : Are there some  worries that are a part of a LDR that don't happen in  a "normal" or not long distance relationship? 

Builder

Probably only gonna answer a couple of Q's before I get busy with something else as per usual Smiley Tongue 

How many people have had or have long distance friendships or long distance relationships? What makes them different from other friend/relationships? 

Yep my main long dist relationship is with my boyfriend who's in the US. Been "together" for 5yrs but seen him in-person once. There's a heap of differences between this relationship and any other relationships I have, because it's my only romantic-relationship-experience, my only hey-look-I'm-actually-comfortable-chatting-with-them-and-it-doesn't-feel-awkward-experience... So I talk to him way more than I talk to friends who live nearby or just interstate.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Mod

haha @Ben-RO I think it says something about the fact that we are all over-committers Smiley Tongue 

Yes definitely counts @j95

@OmNomPineapples yeah I think one of the hardest parts of being in a LDR is that you can't always look after the person when they're sick or struggling. That's is definitely one of the challenges, but the fact that he can call you and confide in/speak to you is important.

Post Mod

@Bay52VU oh yikes I can't imagine how hard that would be, not seeing eachother and so far away!, my fiance is in Sydney and I find that hard enough. 

Top High Fived Authors