cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Happy & healthy relationships

I think there'd have to be issues with respect, trust and consideration. Would definitely be questioning what was important to that person. I'd almost go as far to suggest that maybe real caring love was missing from the relationship. If you truly care about someone you don't stop them from being the person they are or try to make them do, act etc any differently

Hey learn-to-fly - that's awesome that you consider your relationship so healthy! sounds like you have the key ingredients: respect, trust and communication!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I think it is great to talk about our relationships - and great to set examples of ones we think a healthy and also great to speak up about your own and to notice whether you think it is healthy/respectful and why Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Communication is definitely a big one I agree ruenhonx

Ooh yeah trust and communication are good ones too. Definitely agree.

Great to have everyone's experiences to draw on... moving on...

Have a go at this Truth/Myth:

Unhealthy relationships become abusive. Are these sorts of relationships common or uncommon in Australia? What makes you think so?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I think it is also important to be aware of people's body language, if you get a chance to look at the Love Control youtube link, you may notice the guy uses his body to block his partner in, on transport and at the bar/pub. It happens when he has his legs up. Body language can also make us feel controlled and disrespected - depending on the context and if it is a regular thing that occurs in the relationship.

Unhealthy relationships become abusive. Are these sorts of relationships common or uncommon in Australia? What makes you think so?

Hmm, abusive I would say yes but abuse comes in a number of forms, mentally, emotionally, physically etc. I think they are common in Australia I just think some people are too scared to talk about it. I think so because there are a number of people I have spoken to who have been abused or are in unhealthy relationships. Am I wrong??

Good point Hayley...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Have a go at this Truth/Myth:

Wow that is hard. I don't think they would always become abusive, but I'm not sure. I would like to think these relationships are uncommon in Australia but I wouldn't really know.