cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: High School Student Support Squad!

That's a really empathic response @annabethxchase. How are you finding high school lately?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@letitgo I have just started the term and already we have to start to prepare for exams! It was kind of like a giant whack in the face after a relaxing break - "Hey! here's a ton of work to do! Have fun!" But all in all its great to see my friends again.

Thanks @annabethxchase and @letitgo for your replies Heart

Guess I'm feeling really overwhelmed at the moment and have a lot of exams coming up- it sounds like you do too @annabethxchase

And yeah @letitgo, I am feeling really drained at the moment- which is bad because I have a lot of important exams/deadlines coming up. I just don't think I can make the time to do stuff I enjoy... and I think I would feel way to guilty if I did.
I just can't seem to find a healthy balance between work and play.

@Jardin Sounds like the pressure of school is weighing on you right now. I can understand wanting to do well and feeling guilty for taking time out for yourself to do something you enjoy. One thing that helped me was always giving myself some time once I had completed something important, so if I got the assessment completed I would give myself some time doing something I loved Smiley Happy
I also found breaking it up helped, so I would spend some time studying, take a break, and then more study.
One technique I found helpful in high school was the Pomerado technique, which is basically where you spend 20minutes study and 5 of relaxing/break time

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

How's everyone going with school this week? Settling back into the new term okay? Heart

Thanks @Bee for your tips. You are absolutely right when you mentioned feeling guilty for taking time off- I often do. But, luckily I'm getting a bit better and have (sorta) come to terms that I can't study all the time and that breaks are indeed important. 

The last few days have been a lot better and Im slowly getting the hang of it.
I think a big thing for me is accepting that I am human and that I will make mistakes. I have always been a bit of a perfectionist- but Im starting to realise that 'perfect' doesn't exist and that sometimes being 'good enough' is just enough.

Thanks for asking @lokifish,
It was a bit tricky going back at first, but I have found that Im adjusting more to school as the week goes by.
I hope that everyone else is settling in fine too.

Hey @Jardin yay for settling in! Smiley Very Happy Breaks are definitely important to our mental health and sometimes they can really help our studying too.
I hope this next week keeps improving for you Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@Jardin I am so glad to hear that you recognise you can't study 100% of the time! And that perfection doesn't exist. I have the biggest smile on my face reading this! Smiley Very Happy

P!NK GIF

P!NK GIF

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

To everyone who has done, is doing or has yet to do any end of year exams and/or assignments....

You've got this! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!