cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

You don't know ur Friends

Here question
You know a friend for a few years but don't know any funnies stories for his 21st.

Is that Ok?
Highlighted

Re: You don't know ur Friends

Hey @Marcus29 I've moved your post from Tough Times to Everyday Life Stuff to get more RO activity Smiley Happy

Speeches don't always need to be funny, some of the best speeches ever are just interesting or a bit of history about the person. Is there something awesome about him you might want to share in the speech instead of a funny story?

Highlighted

I am not making the speech. One of my friends ask for anything and i got a totally blank - where was i ? - will i make new friends and share funny or interesting stories?
Highlighted

@Marcus29 It can be really hard to think when you get put on the spot. Not being able to think of any funny stories doesn't mean you're any less of a friend or you've been absent and the fact that someone else asked you for stories shows that they consider you to be a pretty good friend of that person! Sometimes there just aren't that many funny stories or you can't remember them and that's ok. 

Highlighted

@Marcus29 I had this exact situation years ago. Just because you can't think on the spot doesn't make your friendship any less valuable or mean you were absent. Life is about enjoying the little moments in my eyes. My best friend and I have had many years of great friendship but I couldnt explain to anyone why or even tell you a funny story we shared. That doesn't make our friendship any less valid though. Sometimes the best friends are the ones you need to say the least with. 

Highlighted

I had the same thing @BazanFan. I knew my friend for all of our schooling and so we spent a lot of time together. When it came to making a speech, I couldn't think of those really special times that you imagine belong in a speech. I just wrote whatever I could about the time we spent together even if it wasn't really special. It came to be that she really appreciated me making a speech even if I couldn't put everything into words ☺️
—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford
Highlighted

Hi @Marcus29!
Sometimes I'm the same, I find it hard to think of funny stories on the spot! 
I find that if I talk to my other friends, they can help to jog my memory Smiley Very Happy
How is the situation now? 

Hi @missep
Thanks for the advised

I also had lunch today with a few mates. I ask them how was there weekend was. Ask if they did any interesting on the weekend or ask if you saw that major sporting event. I only got a few short answers. I don't what i am doing wrong - they just look at there phones than having a conversation with me

Any ideas ??
Highlighted

Hi @Marcus29

I don't know if you're necessarily doing something wrong- sometimes it just depends on the people, and the relationship you've hda with them before. I'm a fairly private (and introverted) person, so I don't often make small talk with my friends- so when I do ask people "how their weeks've been" etc., they're usually surprised for a moment or two before responding. It doesn't mean we're not good friends though, because we know that we'd have each others' backs if it came down to it. At the end of the day, that's what's important- and what makes you friends.

That said, it might just be the phrasing of the question. Since I don't head out a lot, my weekends are usually spent either working or studying, or just casually lounging by the window with my nose in a book as I nibble away at a biscuit over a cup of tea. A perfectly satisfying way to spend a sleepy morning or afternoon, but not something I tend to think of as "interesting"- at least, not the type of stuff worth bringing up for discussion. So it might just be that THEY couldn't think of any particularly funny or interesting stories to talk about. Which is fine! Life isn't always an adventure (and thank god for that, I need my R&R. Smiley Wink)

Highlighted

I know it really hard to do that - Today needed to talk to one of them and i got a stupid answer - I haven't replied because i finish work for the day. Then i saw a guy that catches my bus to my stop at home. I look, look and look till he showed up. Am i starting to be a stalker - this guy didn't get on my bus it was crowd. But if this guy got on the, i would the person next to him because the bus is full. Something really wrong with me?