cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Coping with illness

Sounds like everyone prefers to be alone!! haha i actually love having my mum or my friend steph around, they are too kind to me 

One of the best ways to look after yourself (for some people) while you’re sick is to have supportive and positive people around you, who is that for you?
Aside from being alone, I like to have my mum or dad around or at least be able to contact them and know that they will respond. Knowing that they are there for me is enough without actually needing them to be near me physically.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

What can I say? I like being along. But I also like knowing that my family are just a phone call away.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

One of the best ways to look after yourself (for some people) while you’re sick is to have supportive and positive people around you, who is that for you?

I don't like having people around, but I with this awesome modern world I can alternative forms of modern communication to talk to people (especially my best friend).
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

I hate having friends around when I'm sick because I hate being seen by my friends when I'm feeling vulnerable. However I really like to have my family around (mum, dad and sister) because they make me feel safe - even if they aren't doing anything specific to help me I just like knowing that they're there.

I agree everyone its also great knowing that family are just a phone call away. I dont like having people around me im sick in the stomach though.. which is alot. Ew

Some really interesting answers guys Smiley Very Happy

Sometimes when the people around us get sick, we need to take care of them. What do you think are the best ways of helping someone else out when they’re dealing with illness?

Sometimes when the people around us get sick, we need to take care of them. What do you think are the best ways of helping someone else out when they’re dealing with illness?

Be a listening ear. Help them to stay nourished and hydrated. Give them chocolate
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

I like to try and do things for them to make life a little bit easier and less stressful (E.g. cook for them, get them lecture notes from uni etc.). I also like to let them know I am thinking of them and there for them if they need anything (E.g. by sending a text or in person if I see them).

I like to cook for my friends when they are sick, and make sure they get to the doctors!!!! And get them tissues and panadol etc.. or movies Smiley Happy