cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Our frenemy alcohol

@j95  Have you had to deal with a angry, drunk person before? Would you say it's better to confont them and try to help or just avoid them? 

What are some signs that you or a friend might need to stop/slow down the drinking for the night?

Big ones; vomiting and passing out Smiley Sad not fun!

@dreamcatcher well yeah I have, with Dad, but thats not in the context you mean. Yeah with a mate I have, unfortunately I was the subject to his violence. I can't recommed much but stay away keep others away, don't talk to them unless you desperately have to.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

What do you think are some signs that a friend may be drinking too much too often?

Starting to affect them psychologically or they become almost dependent (for example: 'I can't calm down without 3 glasses of beer' or 'I need to have a drink to survive the day').... if it's real bad, people may feel sick from not having it... ugh! 

@j95  I agree, I think unless they're a risk to themselves or others, it's best to avoid and let them calm down. Could be wrong, but that's what I'd do. Smiley Happy

Yep @dreamcatcher when it is relied on not just once but on a regular basis than it is a concern, agreed.

@j95 its so hard trying to deal with people that are really drunk, i used to work at a pub and thats practically all i did.. actually got a bit scary!

Sounds like a good thing to do @dreamcatcher

@SJG You have an extra i, after the second 1. Robot Happy

What do you think are some signs that a friend may be drinking too much too often?
Uh... they might be showing some signs of depression and withdrawal. I'm not sure, they'll definitely be addicted. Will always be drinking.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

I think a glass of wine or a beer with dinner is nice but yeah definitly if they cant relax without it or are fidgety until they have it.. can be tell tale signs they are addicted. also if they spend all there money on it and go without other things like food or dont pay rent in time..